Abstract submission guidelines
You are invited to submit abstracts for poster and/or oral presentation at the Canadian Liver Meeting, hosted by the Canadian Association for the Study of the Liver, the Canadian Association of Hepatology Nurses, and the Canadian Network on Hepatitis C on May 13-15, 2022 as an onsite and virtual meeting.
A limited number of abstracts will be selected for oral presentation.
Abstract Submission Deadline: Wednesday, February 2, 2022 (5:00 PM MT)
Notification Date: Mid-March
Abstracts should discuss and report on current research in hepatology. We are particularly interested in presentations which provide insights into the following areas, but also welcome submissions on any topic relating to research, education and patient-care as they relate to the liver:
- Viral Hepatitis - Clinical Science & Models of Care
- Viral Hepatitis - Biomedical/Basic Science
- Viral Hepatitis - Epidemiology/Public Health
- NAFLD/NASH - Clinical Science & Models of Care
- NAFLD/NASH - Biomedical/Basic Science
- NAFLD/NASH - Epidemiology/Public Health
- Other liver disease - Clinical Science & Models of Care
- Other liver disease - Biomedical/Basic Science
- Other liver disease - Epidemiology/Public Health
Please note that the Abstract Review Committee reserves the right to re-categorize any abstract as deemed appropriate.
Abstracts will undergo a peer-review process. The Abstract Review Committee will assess each abstract based on its adherence to format, scientific merit, and alignment with the overall conference themes. Authors of abstracts selected for presentation will be contacted via email by in mid-March and invited to present either a poster or oral presentation at the meeting.
All selected abstracts will be made available to the Conference participants in electronic format, on the conference website.
Additionally, abstracts that are confirmed for presentation in mid-March will be published in the Canadian Liver Journal.
Mitigation of bias
- Presentations must present a balanced view of the available therapeutic options. Brand names of pharmaceuticals and trade names of medical devices should not be used in the title or body of the abstract. Use of generic names will contribute to impartiality.
- The Abstract Review Committee reserves the right to change the abstract if they feel that the use of a trade name may be mistaken for commercial propaganda and may replace proprietary names with generic names. In addition, logos or images of products that include a trade name or representing a commercial interest will be removed prior to presentation and publication.
Disclosure of conflicts of interest
The presenting authors of abstracts selected for oral presentation will be required to complete and submit a Disclosure of Conflicts of Interest form after they are invited to present.
Disclosures are due on or before the RSVP deadline.
Abstract form submission
- Abstracts must be submitted electronically using the official online submission form.
- Abstracts must identify the presenting author along with email address and phone number.
- Please use standard abbreviations. Place special or unusual abbreviations in parenthesis after the full word when it appears for the first time.
- Errors, misspellings and incorrect abbreviations will not be corrected.
- Minimize the use of charts as this detail is not used to evaluate the merit of your abstract.
- Abstracts must not exceed 1000 characters (excluding the abstract heading).
- An individual may submit more than one abstract. One official online submission is required for each abstract.
- There is no fee to submit abstract(s).
- Edits to submitted abstracts may be made up to the submission deadline. Instructions for making edits can be found on the online abstract submission form.
presentation at the virtual meeting
- A small number of abstracts will be selected for oral presentation; indicate on the submission form whether you are interested in being considered for an oral presentation.
- If an abstract is accepted for oral presentation, the presenter(s) agree(s) to register for the conference and pay the appropriate conference registration fee. Presenters will receive a code to register at the Early Bird reduced rate.
- The Conference will not cover expenses of those presenting posters, or giving an oral presentation based on an abstract submission. Abstract submitters who may be eligible to receive such funding will be contacted separately regarding these opportunities.
- Further details regarding presentation formatting within the virtual platform will be sent to accepted abstract presenters at a later date.
By submitting abstracts to the conference, submitters authorize, upon acceptance, the permission to reproduce their abstract in the conference proceedings to be published in the Canadian Liver Journal and on the conference website.
For more information
Canadian Liver Meeting
c/o MCI Group Canada
Abstract Questions: firstname.lastname@example.org