Call for Abstracts
The Call for Abstracts is now closed
Thank you to everyone who submitted their abstract! All notifications will be received on November 6th.
Monday, October 16, 2017 - 5:00 PM (PT)
Tuesday, November 7, 2017
Monday, November 20, 2017
Monday, January 11, 2018
Abstract Submission Deadline:
Early Bird Registration Deadline:
Conference & abstract themes:
We are soliciting abstracts for two parts of the meeting:
- 7th Canadian Symposium on HCV (Canadian Network on Hepatitis C) – oral and poster
- Canadian Liver Meeting (Canadian Association for the Study of the Liver) – oral and poster
Abstracts should discuss and report on current research in hepatology. We are particularly interested in presentations which provide insights into the following areas, but also welcome submissions on any topic relating to research, education and patient-care as they relate to the liver:
7th Canadian Symposium on HCV:
Theme 1: Biomedical Research
Theme 2: Social, Cultural, Environmental, and Population Health Research
Theme 3: Clinical Research
Theme 4: Health Services Research
Canadian Liver Meeting:
Theme 1: Viral Hepatitis
Theme 2: General Hepatology
Theme 3: Allied Health
The Scientific Program Committee reserve the right to re-categorize any abstract as deemed appropriate.
Abstracts will undergo a peer-review process. The Abstract Review Committee will assess each abstract based on its adherence to format, scientific merit, and alignment with the overall conference themes. Authors of abstracts selected for presentation will be contacted via email by Tuesday, November 7, 2017 and invited to present either a poster or oral presentation at the meeting.
All selected abstracts will be made available to the Conference participants in electronic format, on the conference website.
Please follow the below format when submitting your abstract application:
Mitigation of Bias
- Presentations must give a balanced view of therapeutic options. Brand names of pharmaceuticals and trade names of medical devices should not be used in the title or body of the abstract. Use of generic names will contribute to impartiality.
- The Scientific Program Committee reserves the right to change the abstract if they feel that the use of a trade name may be mistaken for commercial propaganda and may replace proprietary names with generic names. In addition, logos representing a commercial interest will be removed prior to presentation.
- If the session material or content includes trade names, where available trade names from several companies should be used, not just trade names from a single company.
Disclosure of Conflicts of Interest
The presenting authors of abstracts selected for oral presentation will be required to completed and submit a Disclosure of Conflicts of Interest form after they are invited to present. Disclosures are due on the RSVP deadline.
Abstract Submission Form
Please use the official online submission form only (opening soon).
- Abstracts must be submitted electronically using the official online submission form.
- Abstracts must identify the presenting author along with email address and phone number.
- Please use standard abbreviations. Place special or unusual abbreviations in parenthesis after the full word when it appears for the first time.
- Errors, misspellings and incorrect abbreviations will not be corrected.
- While they are accepted, please minimize the use of charts as this detail is not used to evaluate the merit of your abstract.
- Abstracts must not exceed 450 words (excluding the abstract heading).
- An individual may submit more than one abstract. One official online submission is required for each abstract.
- There is no fee to submit abstract(s).
- Edits to submitted abstracts may be made up to the submission deadline. Instructions for making edits can be found on the online abstract submission form.
Presentation at the Conference
- A small number of abstracts will be selected for oral presentation at the Conference; indicate on the submission form whether you are interested in being considered for an oral presentation.
- If an abstract is accepted for oral presentation, the presenter(s) agree(s) to register for the conference and pay the appropriate conference registration fee by Monday, January 8, 2018.
- The Conference will not cover expenses of those presenting posters, or giving an oral presentation based on an abstract submission, such as expenses for developing the poster, shipping, travel, or accommodation.
- The presenter will be required to stand by his/her poster(s) at specific times to answer questions during the Conference. In the case of multiple authors, at least one author is required to stand by the poster at the specified times.
- Posters must not exceed 115 cm x 115 cm in size but may be any dimension within these constraints. Oversize posters may not be displayed. Push pins will be provided at the Conference.
By submitting abstracts to the conference, submitters authorize, upon acceptance, the permission to reproduce their abstract in the conference syllabus and on the conference website.
For More Information
Canadian Liver Meeting
c/o BUKSA Strategic Conference Services
Suite 307, 10328 - 81 Ave
Edmonton, AB T6E 1X2
Tel: 780.436.0983 ext. 234