You are invited to submit abstracts for poster and/or oral presentation at the Canadian Liver Meeting, hosted by the Canadian Association for the Study of the Liver, the Canadian Association of Hepatology Nurses, and the Canadian Network on Hepatitis C on February 28 - March 1, 2020 at the Le Westin Hotel, Montréal, Quebec. A limited number of abstracts will be selected for oral presentation.
Please read this Call for Abstracts information carefully before accessing the abstract submission form.
Abstract Submission Deadline: CLOSED!
Abstract Selection Notifications have been SENT! You can also check the status of your abstract here
We are soliciting abstracts for three parts of the meeting:
- 9th Canadian Symposium on HCV (Canadian Network on Hepatitis C) - oral and poster
- Canadian Liver Meeting (Canadian Association for the Study of the Liver/Canadian Association of Hepatology Nurses) - oral and poster
- Allied Health - poster only
Abstracts will undergo a peer-review process. The Abstract Review Committee will assess each abstract based on its adherence to format, scientific merit, and alignment with the overall conference themes. Authors of abstracts selected for presentation will be contacted via email by Monday, January 6th, 2020 and invited to present either a poster or oral presentation at the meeting.
All selected abstracts will be made available to the Conference participants in electronic format, on the conference website.
Additionally, abstracts that are confirmed for presentation prior to February 2020 will be published in the Canadian Liver Journal.
Mitigation of bias
- Presentations must present a balanced view of the available therapeutic options. Brand names of pharmaceuticals and trade names of medical devices should not be used in the title or body of the abstract. Use of generic names will contribute to impartiality.
- The Abstract Review Committee reserves the right to change the abstract if they feel that the use of a trade name may be mistaken for commercial propaganda and may replace proprietary names with generic names. In addition, logos or images of products that include a trade name or representing a commercial interest will be removed prior to presentation and publication.
disclosure of conflicts of interest
The presenting authors of abstracts selected for oral presentation will be required to complete and submit a Disclosure of Conflicts of Interest form after they are invited to present. Disclosures are due on or before the RSVP deadline.
abstract form submission
- Abstracts must be submitted electronically using the official online submission form.
- Abstracts must identify the presenting author along with email address and phone number.
- Please use standard abbreviations. Place special or unusual abbreviations in parenthesis after the full word when it appears for the first time.
- Errors, misspellings and incorrect abbreviations will not be corrected.
- Minimize the use of charts as this detail is not used to evaluate the merit of your abstract.
- Abstracts must not exceed 3600 characters (excluding the abstract heading).
- An individual may submit more than one abstract. One official online submission is required for each abstract.
- There is no fee to submit abstract(s).
- Edits to submitted abstracts may be made up to the submission deadline. Instructions for making edits can be found on the online abstract submission form.
presenting at the conference
- A small number of abstracts will be selected for oral presentation; indicate on the submission form whether you are interested in being considered for an oral presentation.
- If an abstract is accepted for oral presentation, the presenter(s) agree(s) to register for the conference and pay the appropriate conference registration fee.
- The Conference will not cover expenses of those presenting posters, or giving an oral presentation based on an abstract submission, such as expenses for developing the poster, shipping, travel, or accommodation, except where funding exists to support the attendance of trainees, residents, or other designated individuals. Abstract submitters who may be eligible to receive such funding will be contacted separately regarding these opportunities.
- Poster presenters will be required to stand by their poster(s) at specified times during the Conference to answer questions. In the case of multiple authors, at least one author is required to stand by the poster at the specified times. More information on presentation times will be provided upon confirmation of the review results.
- Posters must not exceed 120 cm x 240 cm (landscape) in size but may be any dimension within these constraints. Oversize posters may not be displayed. Push pins will be provided at the Conference.
By submitting abstracts to the conference, submitters authorize, upon acceptance, the permission to reproduce their abstract in the conference proceedings to be published in the Canadian Liver Journal and on the conference website.
Abstract Submission Deadline: CLOSED
If you have any questions about the abstract submission process, please email us at: firstname.lastname@example.org